Poster: Avoid introducting exotic invaders into our waters
Names of species listed on the poster
- Rusty crayfish
- Brazilian waterweed
- Round Goby
- Eurasian millfoil
- Zebra mussel
- Curly-leaved pondweed
Avoid introducting exotic invaders into our waters
Exotic invasive species can be catastrophic for the plants and animals in Quebec’s waterways!
If you operate a boat:
BEFORE and AFTER USE
- INSPECT your craft and equipment;
- REMOVE any mud, plants and organisms and discard these far from waterways;
- DRAIN all water from the bilge, motor and holding tank;
- Using hot water, PRESSURE WASH your craft and any equipment that came in contact with the water, or leave it to dry for five days;
- DO NOT THROW fishing bait back in the water.
If you have an aquarium:
- NEVER dispose of fish, turtles, plants, or water from an aquarium or water garden in a waterway, ditch, drain or sewer.